Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michael Phelps has clinched 3 Golds so far, with 5 more to go.

Keeping a close track of the Olympic Results for Swimming and the news on other events once in a while, made me admire every single one of those competitors. Not because of looks, not because of their oh-so-macho-6/8 pack-bodies etc, but their "perseverance".

Ever wondered how it'll be like to be in their position? I think a really good way of how we can relate to them, is through problems, studies, work, army, circumstances etc, that we face in our daily lives.

For me, studies and incomprehensible circumstances that happens are probably the two toughest things I am going through right now. But, I choose to persevere because I know with Him, all things are possible.

Keep away from being all so religious for the moment. It is just in the genes of every human being that we have that perseverance instilled in us, don't you think?

Thomas Foxwell Buxton puts it this way: "With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable". Which, I'd say, we somehow in one way or another in our daily lives, would just push ourselves to attain our goals that we've set. But some tend to quit when they think that their problems are too big and great, and can no longer handle them. See what this says: "You can't go through life quitting everything. If you're going to achieve anything, you've got to stick with something". -From the tv show, Family Matters and "If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again". -Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

This is just a little encouragement for everyone reading it and its something that i'll always remind myself whenever i get tired/worn out. (:

This song, "In Christ Alone by Brian Littrell" (lyrics will be up after i end) just came pretty much timely when my brother asked for a prayer request, 'cause he'll be having an exam tomorrow and he's having his RT (Reservist Training, i think that's what it stands for) at this period of time some more. I may not understand what he does for RT but, all I know its tiring at the end of the day and its not easy when exams are around the corner as well. So i copied the entire song lyrics to him and I know he's smart enough to pick out the important words while he muggs for tomorrow's paper on Immunology. All the best, my dearest brother. (:

Yes, and talking about exams... It's finally my last paper for MST tomorrow. Its Stats Paper. I'm glad and relieved. Whatever the results will be for Econs & Management, I'll just accept it and work harder for the finals instead. Rmb, "persevere"! ((: Haha. So yay! I'm good. Just need to get my system to mugging for Stats now. Heh. Cheers mates!

In Christ Alone
-Brian Littrell

Verse 1
In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand

Chorus:
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

Verse 2:
In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord

1 comment:

glo teng said...

thanks for sharing this! the song esp! :D