Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yesterday just wasn't the day the mugg. It kept raining and raining, weather was so so so cloudy and moody. Haileys came down in the evening. Sigh. Tell me, how to study? It was such a good day to slack and sleep my way through. Hah. Which I did! But only about an hour or so. 'Cause Shao Wei (my flatmate from China) and I wanted to catch the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Shao Wei kinda slept off but woke up at 1230am and there I was in my warm cosy little room, feeling oh-so-sleepy-and-drained-when-i-saw-a-missed-video-call-from-mr.ashik. hurrr. Just so you know, I left my lappy on and my status was "Away". That's why I got the little orange thing blinking on my taskbar. Boyy, am I really annoyed with the disruptive connection when ashik & ahmad gave me another Video Call (VC)! Yesyes, it was mine! My connection was utterly BAD! sorry guys. we'll have another one when the weather here's more stable. Which I have no idea when either. Haha. But anyhoos, was nice seeing you both over the VC. All the best for your upcoming tests/exams. Study hard & smart aye! (:

So, back to the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Shao Wei and I were sitting at the living room, the weather was horrible so was the reception of coverage. Then I said, "so feel like going to the common room to watch it luhh". Shao Wei replied, "oh yeah! I heard from the RA's (Residence Assistance) that they'll be screening it in the New Common Room (NCR)!!! Com'on! Let's go!!" *Off the TV at the living, dashed to our rooms, got changed in less than a minute, we're out and we ran to the NCR. fooyoh! A reasonable group of students were there as well. One of the RA's from China, David, came and said "Hello" to Shao Wei. Then Shao Wei introduced and I said, "Hi, I've met you before. When I first arrived in June". *at the same time, shook hands" Then he looked so blurr he went... "Ohhh... You are from Sin-gar-por... right?" (Haha) Then I said, "yea, from Singapore". *smiles* & the end note of that is... I don't blame the RA Team for forgetting us once in a while. 'Cause there's so many of us residing in Ilam. Like, hundreds of us. So yeah. Remembering the country ain't that bad either. Haha.

Anyways, Opening Ceremony for the Olympics was splendid. And I mean, S-P-L-E-N-D-I-D. Kudos to all the hard work put in and yea, today's the start of most of the games. Wheets! Can't wait for the Swimming events. Michael Phelps' is there again! Com'on swimmers, GLIDE! (haha). As always, gliding's our pastime & forte. So yea, cheers to all swimmers for the olympics & not forgetting, the all time cool divers! Minimal splashes are awesome! Totally love it. ((:

Other than that... Small group's got a little gathering at Siew Ping's flat at 4pm today. Bake cookies, cook pasta, rice and another dish. wheets! Sounds fun! Haha.

I'll prolly mugg a little now & again when I'm back frm the little fun gathering till 10.30pm, then I'll catch the swimming events till 12midnight, off to sleep, church tomorrow, and the cycle for mugging continues when I'm back again. Pfftz. Non-stop-hits for mugging mann. Totally can't wait for MST to be over on Wednesday! *grins*

Come to think of it, it's exactly two months since I arrived Christchurch asof today, being the 9th of August. Cool huh? Think I can celebrate my "Time-of-being-in-Christchurch-Anniversary" with Singapore's Birthday already. Hahaha. Okay, that wasn't neccesary. Just trying to be funny and to at least destress a little. Heh.

Anyhoooooos....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SINGAPORE! ((((:

Okay, this is like my first time wishing Singapore happy birthday on my blog luhh. But, this is partly what it means to be away from "home". So yea. Can't blame me. LOL.

Alrightys, guess that's about all. Have an awesome day, earthlings! God bless! (:

No comments: